Friday, March 19, 2010

Track

This must be the week for blogging about Austin! He has had a very busy week! Monday night he had a band concert, forgot to take the camera! 7th grade band has come a long way! They did a great job!
The end of basketball season last month brought the beginning of another new sport season for Austin. TRACK! He loves it! He is really very fast! I say he gets his speed from me! Right? I am sure you will all agree with me!
Tuesday night was his first meet in Booneville. It was a 7th grade only meet, but there were probably 10 schools there! Austin did the long jump, and ran in three relays.

Here is is waiting on the hand off for the final leg of the 4x400 relay. (FYI, I used to run the same leg in that relay.) It is also the last race of the track meet! His team placed 5th!

This is Austin running the final stretch of the first leg of the 2 mile relay! He got his team an awesome lead on his leg and they came in 1st place!! Did I mention that this is the first race of the meet. Yes if you kept up he ran in the first event of the night and the last! Now I know how my mom felt! I used to do the same thing back in the day!

He also ran the 3rd leg of the 4x100 relay and they placed 6th!

It was a long night, and a little cold! Austin did a great job!!! He said he really liked it, and can't wait to see what events he will get to try at the next meet!

No comments:

Post a Comment